Happy Saturday! A quick little snack for your weekend festivities…even if those festivities are just sitting on the couch in your coziest fat pants with your loved ones.
I made this for Phoebe’s first birthday party for the guests to take. It was a huge hit because this stuff is aaaaamazing. I passed some leftovers out to my colleagues and told them it was Crack Mix because once you have one bite you keep coming back for more. And more and more and more.
I will confess- this recipe is from Betty Crocker’s website, but I did change some things around so it’s more like my own adapted version. But I’ll give the Betty Crocker gang their due credit.
- 1 16 oz container Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz box Rice Chex Cereal
- 1/2 bag of store bought plain popcorn
- 1 bag M & M's
- sprinkles to fit your occasion
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips at 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. Once melted, add the container of vanilla frosting and microwave another 30 seconds or until melted and at a liquid consistency. Stir the white chocolate chips and melted frosting until well combined.
- In a large bowl, empty the entire box of cereal and half the bag of popcorn. Drizzle the chocolate/frosting mixture on top and coat cereal/popcorn well, being careful not to crush the cereal. Once coated, add in the M & M's and sprinkles and stir in until well combined and evenly distributed. Pour the mixture out onto large sheets of parchment paper or non-stick foil and let harden for at least 2 hours.
- Store in an air tight container.