Where have I been? Well, I have been doing a ton of cooking. A little bun to be exact.
Surprise! We sure as hell were. I found out baby #2 was on the way at the end of July, and shortly after the extreme nausea and exhaustion set in. My days were spent at work and then immediately on the couch and/or in bed for a nap. It was so tough to get through the first trimester, especially with a 1.5 year old. Not to mention, we put our house back on the market to rent, packed that bad boy up and relocated to my parents house. It’s been quite busy around here.
Now that I’m finally feeling better, baking and cooking are making a comeback to my life. Perfectly in time for the best time of the year. So, let’s kick off the poor food choice making season with some Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. Courtesy of an old Kraft Magazine recipe and oh-so-easy! I made them while Phoebe watched some PBS shows. Bad mommy.
Your family will be so thankful for you if you make these this Thanksgiving. I promise.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter, flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt with mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of 15x10x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, microwave corn syrup and 6 oz. chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1-1/2 min.; stir until completely melted. Add remaining sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture over warm crust; spread to evenly cover crust. Bake 35 min. or until filling is firm around edges but still slightly soft in center. Cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Let stand until chocolate is firm.